Alexandra now works as a private legal advisor exclusively in the areas of competition and consumer law, including merger submissions, strategic litigation advice, working with expert economists, and trade practices compliance training and audits.
Alexandra is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria and the Melbourne Law School’s Competition Law and Economics Network.
- “Life in a parallel universe: Metcash and the counterfactual” (March 2013) Law Institute Journal 34
- Facing up to (virtual) reality: meeting the online retail challenge (Research paper presented at Competition in the Online Environment, Melbourne Business School, 28 November 2012). Available at: http://www.ipria.org/events/conf/Competition_Conference/Online_retail.pdf
- (with Rhonda L Smith) “Playing favourites: the competition effects of preferred customer arrangements” (2011) 7 European Competition Journal 179
- The assessment and regulation of market power in Australia (Unpublished PhD thesis, Melbourne University 2010)
- (with Rhonda L Smith) “Auctions, exclusive contracts and competition for the market” (2007) 3 European Competition Journal 163
- (with George A Hay and Rhonda L Smith) “Predatory buying: the Weyhaueser decision and its implications for Australia” (2007) 15 Competition and Consumer Journal 199
- (with Rhonda L Smith) “To buy or not to buy: economic and legal reflections on buyer power” (2006) 14 Competition and Consumer Law Journal 100
- “Quantitative analysis again up in lights” (2005) 13 Trade Practices Law Journal 90
- (with Simon Uthmeyer) “When thieves fall out: Australia’s leniency system” (December 2004) International Business Lawyer 251
- “The Court speaks for itself: what Australian decisions say about assessing market power for the purposes of s46 of the TPA” (2004) 11 Competition and Consumer Law Journal 330
- “The intersection between international trade and competition policy: as illustrated by an Australian / American Free Trade Agreement” (2003) 15 Bond University Law Review 228